Thursday, February 4, 2010

So excited!!!

I have a concept. A good character, complete with her flaws. Is the villian bad enough? Bad enough to be her equal? Hm....

I completed Round 1 of the BS2 (see previous post).  I emailed it to my group and got helpful feedback, although some of the comments told me that a couple of them don't actually read but pick out choice words and form opinions...

Completed Round 2 of the BS2! Emailed it to everyone, including my teacher/mentor. We will discuss it today in class, as we will discuss everyones.

I'm so excited! I've done a good amount of research for this plot to work, I've gotten my A/B stories worked out. I write good dialogue. I know this bc if it's not forwarding the plot, I strike it.

This process has me hyped. I've watched a shell of an idea with a character I thought would be cool become a character with her own voice, heart, demons, what have you. And the story breathes on its own. At least I think it does. I hope it does!

Which is why I'm so excited to share with my group. Not because I want them to "get it" (although that would be marvelous!) but because they will find the weakest links for me. So I can pound it out; MAKE it breathe on its own. I love to hear things like: "I don't find that believable," or "That doesn't make any sense that he would do that...what's his motive?" Pertinent questions.

And I get to dig for the answers.

I adore this process.

I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment