Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's Superbowl Sunday!

So I have my laptop with me and I'm watching the Superbowl as I type this.  I'm wondering how many years it'll be before someone makes a movie about the Saints coming this far...being so reslient following Hurricane Katrina, never before making it to the playoffs much less the SuperBowl....

What an amazing story!

Don't get me wrong, the Colts are amazing too. Which brings me to another story:

My father, before he had his director job for the network, was a camera man in  Mississippi. He had to go and film college football games. Guess who he used to film? Archie Manning, Peyton Manning's father. They spoke on a few occasions and becaucse of that alone all of my childhood consisted of faithfully following the Saints status, going to some games, even MOVING to Louisiana at one point. He and my father's friend, Mike Falgut, would say EVERY year, "This'll be the year the Saints go to the Superbowl. You'll see!!!" History shows they never did. Part of that was due to the horrible coaching by Bum Phillips. (Never trust someone with the first name Bum). After Archie retired, my father was a bit sad...he followed other teams, but for him, it wasn't the same.

Life got better when he heard Peyton was at Tennessee. Man, then it was all about college ball. When Peyton got drafted, it was all about the Colts. Still is.

So, here I sit. In the living room with my father. He's rooting for the Colts. I'm rooting for the Saints. Not because they're my favorite team. I'm rooting for the underdog. Stories are everywhere.

Rooting for the underdog.....perhaps that's my writing style? After all....

I'M the underdog.

UPDATE:

Now that the Saints have won, I have to say, what a GLORIOUS ending to such a story!!!! They overcame tremendous odds, saw the prize that they wanted, worked hard and just TOOK IT!


We could learn something from that, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment