Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sometimes The Stories Find You!!!

I was sitting at my desk one day and a good friend of mine emailed me one of her forwards. You all have friends like these. They forward everything, and I mean EVERYTHING with the hopes of money, love, angel’s protection, winning the lottery in Nigeria, etc. Usually I peruse them and hit delete.

Something caught my eye in this one.

In a long LONG list of humorous TRUE story articles, check this out:

“After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped... Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn't discovered for 3 days.”

Now, would that not make a great movie? Comedy OR drama? I shared this some friends. Their input: What if it was set in Vegas? Or New York? What if it was aliens?

The point is, I wasn’t doing anything out of the ordinary. This was given to me. Stories are everywhere. Waiting to be told.

Are you up to it?

No comments:

Post a Comment