Sunday, June 26, 2011

Great Writing

When you read great writing, you know it. It sticks with you.

In film, the image that sticks with you is a result of words on a written page. You don't think that way... you usually give the director most of the credit for being so brilliant, but it's the writer that has captured your heart. The director was the vessel that caught his vision and brought it forth on a screen so you could see the writer's imagination.  Believe it or not, some directors just can't write.  I will not name names. :)

A dear friend of mine brought a commercial to my attention. I wanted to link it here so you can see what I mean about great writing.

Try and guess what is being sold in this commercial.  I tried. I bet you will never get it until the reveal.

It's an amazing commercial and was executed masterfully.  This is one of my favorite all time works. 

Warning... it looks pretty creepy.. just hang on until the end and you will understand why this commercial is such genius.

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=22984504&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1&autoplay=1&loop=0


Let me know what you think of it.

~SC

PS For the next 2 weeks, I will in Los Angeles following mine and my daughter's dreams,  plus doing lots of touristy stuff.  I'll try to keep you  updated.

1 comment: